On week 20 match day Chelsea faced tottenham in barclays premier league in
White Hart Lane, London Stadiium
Chelsea winning streak ended just need to beat tottenham and make a record of consective 14 winning streak in single barclays premier league. but they failed Heroic performance by delle Alli He Scored 2 goals.
Dele Alli 45 +1′,54′
The most damaging part for Chelsea, suffering their first defeat since losing to Arsenal in the final week of September, has nothing to do with the fact it stopped them establishing a record in the Premier League era of 14 successive wins in a single season. It would have been a nice one to chalk up, but they will be far more distressed about what it means for the league table and the confidence it might give Spurs, seven points back, to think they can still play a considerable part in the title race.
Chelsea face Spurs tonight and could clock up a 14th successive victory, breaking a top flight record shared by Sunderland, Preston and Arsenal but they failed.
A win would also mean that they match Arsenal’s record 14-match winning streak over two seasons.
Sunderland won 13 consecutive Division One games in the 1891-92 season, in a run that stretched from November to April and encompassed victories against Burnley, Notts County, Darwen, Everton, Wolves, Bolton, Accrington, Preston North End, and Aston Villa, as well as league doubles over Derby County and Stoke City.
It meant that they equalled Preston’s winning streak set that same season, which came to an end on Wearside in March as Sunderland’s own run continued.
Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal won 13 Premier League games in a row at the end of the 2001-02 season to equal the single-season record, and then won the first game of the following season which means they hold the overall record of 14 successive top flight wins.
Spurs also won 13 First Division games in a row, but their run spanned the back end of the 1959-60 season and the beginning of the 1960-61 campaign.
Spurs’ proud home record – stats
- Chelsea have not won at White Hart Lane since a 4-2 victory in October 2012 (drawing two and losing two since).
- Tottenham are unbeaten at White Hart Lane this season, winning eight and drawing two; their longest unbeaten start to a Premier League season at home since 2000-01 (13 games).
- Spurs haven’t lost a Premier League London derby at White Hart Lane under Mauricio Pochettino (winning eight and drawing four).
- Tottenham scored with their only two shots on target in this match.
- Dele Alli has equalled his 2015-16 goal tally (10). He has managed to do this in 19 appearances this season, compared to 33 last season.
- Spurs have never lost a Premier League match that Alli has scored in (16 games – winning 12, drawing four).
- The only midfielders to reach 20 Premier League goals quicker than Alli (52 games) are Rafael van der Vaart (44) and Matt Le Tissier (50)
- Only Mesut Ozil (22) has more Premier League assists since the start of 2015-16 than Christian Eriksen (20).
- This was only the fourth occasion this season in the Premier League where Diego Costa has failed to produce a goal or an assist.